Thursday, July 19, 2007

High School Graduation

I graduated from Circle Christian School on May 19th, 2007. There were over 70 graduates. When I was called up to the stage, Mom and Dad came up too. Dad handed me my diploma and Mom moved my tassle. While that was happening, a recording was playing through the speakers. Mom and Dad had pre-recorded a poem that Mom wrote. It was modeled after one of my favorite books by Dr. Seuss.

Oh. the Places You'll Go!

Congratulations Hannah!
Today is your day
You're off to great places.
You're off and away.

Where will you go?
What will you do?
Please don't ask us.
We don't have a clue!

But we know One Who does,
Who has authored your days
And planned in advance
Your best for His praise.

On a cloudy, misty mountain
The world half-way around,
The Tobo shared their lives with you
And made your heart their own.

It wasn't hard, you understand
Because your heart is soft.
You choose to love the least of all
The weak, the poor, the lost.

As a wee little girl you trusted in Christ
And you share Him with those you love best.
You walk in His way and love with His love
And let Him take care of the rest.

So follow your dreams,
Hold tight to your Lord.
Go where He leads
And you'll never be bored!

Life is always an adventure;
Sometimes it's a test.
We have confidence you'll succeed
'cause Hannah, you're the best!!



I couldn't believe that they wrote that for me! I love my parents!!! They are so cool!!!!



Circle Community Church graduates (L to R) Stephen, Shane, Me, Tyler, Haylee


5 comments:

Megan Marie said...

These pics are so cool!! I was so sad that I wasn't able to see right after your graduation, so I could at least say hi.....but we had to take someone else home cause they had to be home by a certian time!!!
Oh well...i can still see you!! =) Congrats!!! And now your off to collage.....did you get your classes worked out?? hope so!
Love/megan marie =)

Megan Marie said...

Oh....and the poem......is amazing......how sweet!!!! =)

Mrs said...

Who's that handsome kid in the navy robe?

;-)

Why didn't you TELL me you had a blog? I could have been reading since July 17!

Hannah R. said...

I was trying it out for a week or two, to see if I was really going to keep up with a blog. : ) I just started telling people about it.

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I love what your parents wrote for your graduation!
It made me cry when you guys were up on stage. =p
So creative and sweet!

P.S. You have to keep this up, because what you have to share is so insightful and beautifully written.